Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Updates

So many little weird things happen during the day that I want to tell people about but I never have the energy to write an email. And then I remember that oh yeah, I have a blog for the very purpose of writing about the weird wonderful things that happen. Like the restaurant that we went to yesterday that had a soundtrack of 90s hits played on pan flute. Titanic theme song, the Bodyguard theme song, Unbreak My Heart, Phil Collins? All available on pan flute. Thats the second time we have been to that restaurant and everytime I just sit and giggle to myself because Im so endlessly entertained. Or when we went shopping yesterday and went to a store that had a wide variety of metal helmets with horns and face masks? Are they from the barbarian hordes that conquered Rome? Not for me to say, but I sure hope so. Or the man at the next shop who asked if I was married and then when I said no, gave me a small traditional box as a gift and said that its for my wedding ring when I get married. So that when I get married, I will always think of him. Or the driver named Korban, but since he is older, people call him by the respectful name KakaKorban and he is the sweetest cutest littlest old man ever.

These are the things that I just find endlessly entertaining and endearing about this place. I dont forget where I am, obviously its not an ideal place to be or live, but there are so many sneak attack charming things that happen during the day, its hard to not find it pretty endearing in its own way.

No comments: