Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Kabul

Almost done with day three in Kabul. Overall, its pretty boring really, which I am not complaining about. So far, its just been a lot of work at the office and then coming home and doing more work. Since we arent really allowed out to walk around, I havent had a chance to see much other than our office which is down the block one way and the grocery store which is down the block the other way. The mornings here are gorgeous but by 9, its already ridiculously hot. I wear a headscarf on the street but once I am in the office, I take it off. Its just too hot with that much clothing on. Tomorrow we are going to a meeting with USAID so hopefully we will have a chance to drive through the city and I can sneak some pictures. In the meantime, I have two from the roof of our office and another of a very informative sign in our bathroom. The roof shots just sort of show thats its dusty here but the one from the bathroom, well... Its the little things that keep me entertained...



No comments: