Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dubai

Just a quick update since I know people are a little more worried about this global adventure than the past ones. I will try to check in more often over the next couple weeks. So far, I have just made it to Dubai and I will be going on to Kabul tomorrow. I am staying at the airport in the hotel here (what will they think of next) so I wont actually get to go out in Dubai but the airport/mall here is giving me a taste. Its crazy. It is quite literally a duty-free mall. There are cars, Gucci stores, a Cold Stone Creamery. And thats just directly across from me. I havent gone out to explore because i know I will spend a million dollars. The flight was ok but it was exceptionally long, 12.5 hours, and bumpy and there were screaming babies. And I hate to say it, but I think Delta is better. I hate to give Delta credit for anything, but at least they have a decent movie selection and the staff isnt so grouchy. Anyhoo, not much else to update on right now, but I will fill everyone in when I get to Kabul tomorrow.

No comments: