Thursday, September 11, 2014

New blog name

I decided it was time to change the name of the blog.  The stories of the Littlest Linnea had a time and a place, but since lately my postings are more about my personal reflections on the world at large and less about specific adventures, it seemed like I needed a change.  Worry not, the blog won't change much.  I won't post more than a couple of times a year, the postings will largely be the ravings of an overly educated professional traveler, and my pictures will still mostly be of buildings with the occasional circumspect people shot.  And probably I will change the name again soon because I didn't really think too hard about this one.

I chose it for a couple reasons.  One, I wrote my dissertation on indirect demographic estimation techniques.  Don't worry if that doesn't mean anything to you.  Its just the idea of trying to estimate something without having all the information that you would really like.  Sort of a general metaphor for what I do, what we all do, really.  It would be great to have all the facts all the time, but since we don't, we do the best with what we can.  And of course transit, because it seems like I am traveling as much as I am home.  Always in transit, somewhere.  And since there are very rarely direct flights from point A to point B, in travel or in life, it seemed like a fitting name.  And so, for the next hour or day or year or however long it is until I change the name again, Indirect Transit it will be.

And I might even update this soon because I am probably going to Ethiopia in a couple weeks.  And on the way back I am going to try to swing by Istanbul.  So hopefully I can update with some new photos and adventures from a whole new part of the world! 

No comments: