Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I might just turn this into a photo blog

There are million photo sharing sites out there but I just can't seem to figure them out.  Other than instagram, I just get confused.  So while I can't promise to update this any more often than I have in the past, I was thinking if I just try to add a few more photos from time to time, it might make it easier on me.  Anyway a picture is worth a thousand words right?

If that were true, I could just turn in 20 pictures and my dissertation would be done...

Anyway, here are a few of my favorite pictures from my Belize trip so far...

Temple 1 through the trees in Tikal, Guatemala.  Tikal is a world heritage site that has a huge array of Mayan ruins that span hundreds, maybe thousands of years of Mayan history.  If anyone is in Belize or Guatemala, its a must.


The view from the top of Temple 4.  Getting Dad to smile is always a challenge but he almost made it here.

This is the view from the Singing Sands Inn in Placencia.  Its not the most perfect panorama but you get the idea.  It was a beautiful sunset with Dad and I sitting on the dock watching the world go by.


The sunset on Caye Caulker.  We walked past a dock full of people just watching the sunset.  The golden sunset was too much to pass up.


If that code works, this should be an instagram picture of the horizon as I waited for the scuba boat to pick me up this morning.  Its obviously a little blacker than it should be since I was taking the picture into the sun, but it really isnt too off color.  There was a big storm front coming in and it made the whole horizon this beautiful, monocramatic color.  Not the best for scuba (it was canceled, it turns out) but still beautiful.


Mom and Dad and I went for a walk yesterday and watched the storm front roll in in the afternoon.  I loved the sun on the hut with the front rolling in behind.  We barely made it back for the rain came, but it was worth it!


Also, I just realized I have a predilection for shots of the horizon.  I will mix it up more in the future!

No comments: