Friday, December 26, 2008

Happy Holidays

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy holiday season, whichever holiday you might be celebrating! I am in South Africa now with my friend from Emory, Katie Morris. So far we have shopped the malls of Johannesburg (which was a bit of culture shock coming from Kigali), seen the Soweto Township which is where Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu lived, just feet from each other and where the outright struggle against apartheid really started, been an armslength away from a herd of elephants on safari, seen lions, leopards, rhinos, zebras, buffalo and giraffe, climbed Table Mountain, been to the Harbor, and drank wine on the coast as the sun sets. Tomorrow we are going to go on a wine tour, Sunday view the Botanical Gardens and listen to music in the park, and Monday we are off for a two day hike around the Cape of Good Hope. Hopefully after that we will see some penguins on Boulder Bay! All in all it has been a good trip with just enough rest and relaxation, although it doesnt really seem like Christmas. I think that I will be very shocked to get back to the states next year after a year of perpetual summer to learn that time does actually pass! I hope that everyone else is having a great holiday season. I miss you all and love you!!!

No comments: